Note: You’ll find life at NSO a bit easier if you have a car while in Daytona Beach.
Arriving By Car
- Via I-95 South: Head south on I-95 to Hwy. 92 East (International Speedway Boulevard), then take Hwy. 92 east, crossing over the Inter-coastal Waterway (Halifax River). Turn right at the beach on Highway A1A (Atlantic Ave.) heading south. The El Caribe is located about 2 miles south on the left.
- From Orlando: Take I-4 east to I-95 north. Take I-95 north to the first exit for Hwy. 92 east (International Speedway Boulevard), then take Hwy. 92 east, crossing over the Inter-coastal Waterway (Halifax River). Turn right at the beach on Highway A1A (Atlantic Ave.) heading south. The El Caribe is located about 2 miles south on the left.
Arriving By Plane
It is very convenient to fly directly into Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB), but often tickets are cheaper flying into Orlando (MCO), Sanford (SFB), or Jacksonville (JAX), even including cost of transportation to Daytona Beach.
- GROOME Transportation provides service from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) to the El Caribe. You will need to make your reservations at least 2 days in advance. You can reach GROOME at (386) 257-5411 or at groometransportation.com/daytona.
- Mears Transportation (mearstransportation.com)
- Uber / Lyft
- Additional Suggestions:
- You may be able get a better rate if you book a shuttle as a group.
- It can be cheap to share a rental car with a group.
- You can also search the web for shuttle service from local airports.
(Use our “IBS & NSO Winter 2020” Facebook group to communicate with others who are flying into the Orlando airport to see if someone wants to share a shuttle or rental car and save money.)
Arriving By Greyhound Bus
- The Greyhound bus station in Daytona Beach is 2.5 miles from the El Caribe. Taxi service is available.
The “IBS & NSO Winter 2020” Facebook Group is an essential tool for connecting with other New Staff members (e.g. sharing rides to/from the airport, etc.). It will also be the main way the NSO conference team shares announcements.
This Facebook Group is a “Secret Group” to maximize privacy, so you must be invited to join. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address associated with your Facebook Account. (Please use your cru.org address for all ministry correspondence; however, in this case, we need to invite you within the Facebook platform.)
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com