Clothing: Different sessions of NSO require different types of clothing.
- Commissioning Ceremony and Banquet: You are encouraged to bring one set of dressy/nice attire for the commissioning and banquet.
- Men: Coat and/or tie are NOT required, but please wear a collared shirt and nice pants.
Women: Please wear nice slacks, skirt, or a dress.
- Business casual: For our visit at the Cru Worldwide Headquarters. Business casual includes: khakis/dress slacks and collared shirts for men, and slacks or modest skirts and dresses for women. Shorts, jeans and printed t-shirts are inappropriate.
- Classroom casual: Shorts, jeans, and t-shirts are fine during your IBS classes, NSO sessions, and MPD training.
- Swimwear: The El Caribe has a heated pool and is right on the beach, so feel free to bring modest swimwear and a beach towel.
- Warm clothing: Surprisingly, it does get chilly in Florida in the winter. Please bring a jacket and other warm clothing items. You’ll probably also need an umbrella.
Other items to pack:
- Extra luggage or packing space to take home MPD and IBS materials you will receive onsite.
- Bible, pen, paper
- Money for food, tips (don’t forget the hotel maid – we recommend $1 per person per day), laundry, entertainment
- MPD materials, including address book, church directory, etc.
- Laptop computer. Most of your coursework will be done electronically that will include projects to print out. There will be a computer lab with printing capabilities and with a limited number of computers for use.
- Personal toiletries
- Things for cooking (see Location page for what the hotel provides)
- If you are a photographer, please bring your camera so you can capture and post all that the Lord is doing at NSO.
Items for those participating in the MPD Faith and Finances Conference:
- Questions about contributions from ministry partners
- Questions about reimbursements
- Laptop for MPD (if applicable)
- Anything you use during a personal MPD appointment
- Phone scripts if you use them when calling for an appointment or a decision
- Personal budget on paper or on your computer if you have one
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com