Clothing: Different sessions of NSO require different types of clothing.
- Commissioning Ceremony and Banquet: You are encouraged to bring one set of dressy/nice attire for the commissioning and banquet.
- Men: Coat and/or tie are NOT required, but please wear a collared shirt and nice pants.
- Women: Please wear nice slacks, skirt, or a dress.
- Business casual: For our visit at the Cru Worldwide Headquarters. Business casual includes: khakis/dress slacks and collared shirts for men, and slacks or modest skirts and dresses for women. Shorts, jeans and printed t-shirts are inappropriate.
- Classroom casual: Shorts, jeans, and t-shirts are fine during your IBS classes, NSO sessions, and MPD training.
- Swimwear and workout clothes: You will have access to the workout center at Rollins and opportunities to play sports. Rollins has a pool and the beach is only about an hour away.
- Jacket/umbrella: Sometimes the meeting rooms and restaurants can be chilly. Also, summer is Florida’s rainy season, so you’ll want an umbrella and/or raincoat.
Other items to pack:
- Bible, pen, paper/notebook
- Employment and Payroll Documents (see Important Info page)
- Money for food, entertainment, etc
- Empty suitcase or box (for MPD and IBS materials)
- MPD materials, including address book, church directory, etc.
- Laptop computer. Most of your coursework will be done electronically. We will have a small computer lab with printers available if you don’t have a laptop.
- Personal toiletries and shower tote/caddy
- Towels, sheets, blanket, pillow (unless you’re purchasing the optional linens package)
- Optional items – small reading lamp, clothes hamper, small fridge, coffeemaker
- If you’re in an apartment, see the Location & Housing page for more information
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org